CONSTRUCTING WITH CREATIVITY FOR 105 YEARS!

Visit P.J. Hoerr's Flickr Photostream | Click on any photo

Visit P.J. Hoerr's Flickr Photostream | Click here

From Flickr site browse our Photostream or click on Albums to browse by category

Visit P.J. Hoerr, Inc.'s Flickr Photostream | Click on any photo

www.flickr.com
P.J. Hoerr, Inc.'s items Go to P.J. Hoerr, Inc.'s photostream

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

It was with a mixture of deep sadness and reluctant relief that I received the news late Monday evening that Alesia Conover had lost her battle for life. Sadness at the loss of a true P.J. Hoerr friend and comrade and relief that her months of hospitalization, pain and emotional tug of wars had been mercifully ended. As I lay in bed last evening and sit writing this today and reflect back over my 22 year association with Alesia here at P.J. Hoerr the best adjectives that I can summon to describe her personal and workplace personna are steadiness, reliability and integrity. Over the nearly 100 years that PJH has been in operation there have been many sterling individuals who have walked our hallowed halls. But it is hard for me in my 32 year tenure with the company to recall anyone with any more abundance of those qualities than what Alesia possessed and displayed day in and day out, year in and year out. I knew that I could entrust her with the most confidential and sensitive of payroll and personnel tasks and not have to worry that something would be revealed or discussed that shouldn't be. I knew that she could be assigned the most challenging of projects in regard to billings, customer accounting conflicts or company initiatives and that she would pursue them with total single-mindedness, determination and professionalism and would never embarrass our organization in any way with her efforts. She never came to me to ask for more pay or to complain about her circumstances. She accepted any assignment or task with enthusiasm and committed resolve. I never heard a disparaging word about anyone inside or outside the company pass from her lips. Many were the evenings when hers would be the last office light extinguished. When it came to company events such as our annual picnic or other company celebrations or initiatives she was always at the front of the volunteer line ready to employ her boundless creativity and energy to insure that the event was a success. She truly cared about everyone at P.J. Hoerr, bled PJH red in all that she did and as a result she was truly loved and respected by all. As she passes from us into an eternity that ultimately awaits us all I am thankful for the times I had through her illness to visit with her. I especially treasure the moment I had to pray with her in the hospital and to know that while she was passionate in her love for her family and friends and determined in her fight against the disease that was ravaging her she also was deeply committed to her faith and her Lord. I feel a sense of calm amidst my sadness in my confidence that she now is and eternally will be enjoying a painless and well earned paradise experience with the One who called her home. May we all strive toward that same end.















We will miss you Alesia and our prayers for your family will continue

Bob Hoerr
Chairman/CEO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on pjhoerr.blogspot.com

WELCOME TO ALL THINGS P.J. HOERR, INC.